How to Apply for Funding
Komen’s Community Grants program takes the fight against breast cancer local by funding screening, treatment, support, and educational services within the Affiliate service area.
Thank you for your interest in the Komen Mid-Missouri grants program.
- A federally tax-exempt entity — nonprofit organization, government agency, educational institution or Indian tribe. Individuals cannot apply.
- Applicant organizations must be located and/or provide services that benefit people residing in Mid-Missouri Affiliate service counties: Adair, Audrain, Boone, Callaway, Camden, Chariton, Cole, Cooper, Howard, Macon, Maries, Miller, Moniteau, Morgan, Osage and Randolph.
- The project must be specific to breast health and/or breast cancer (e.g. if a project is a combined breast/cervical cancer project, funding may only be requested for the breast cancer portion).
- Organizations may not submit more than one Request for Application (RFA) for the same project.
- Must submit grant electronically by the Grant eManagement System (GeMS) website, affiliategrants.komen.org.
Seventy-five percent of the money raised by the Komen Mid-Missouri Affiliate stays in central Missouri to support organizations that offer education, treatment and screening to local residents, particularly those who are uninsured or medically under-served.
Quarterly applications 2014-2015
2014-2015 Susan G.Komen Mid-Missouri Small Grant Request for Application
Deadline: August 27, 2014 (Qtr. 3), November 26, 2014 (Qtr. 4) at 5 p.m.
The 2016-2017 Request for Application will be released in Fall 2015.
- 2015-2016 Susan G. Komen Mid-Missouri Education, Outreach, Screening and Treatment Application
- Funding Priorities
- Application Resources
- GeMS Applicant User Guide
- Reviewer Rating Sheet
- GeMS FAQs
All applications must be submitted online through the Komen Grants e-Management System (GeMS): https://affiliategrants.komen.org. Training on use of the GeMS system will occur at the grant workshop referenced below.
Applications must be received on or before TBD at 5 pm. No late submissions will be accepted.
The grant application process is competitive. Whether or not an organization has received a grant in the past, funding in subsequent years is never guaranteed and depends upon the quality of this application, the quality of the applicant pool, and the funds available for distribution.
Grant Writing Workshops
Application Deadline: TBD
Award Notification: April 1, 2015
Project Period: April 1, 2015- March 31, 2016